Friday 23 August 2013

Rabble Rousers - Be more sensitive

Couple of things that I wanted to add on to my earlier posts

1) On the posts about killing of 5 Jawans in the Poonch sector, I had mentioned that the army should be given authority to respond to such attacks. Apparently that is already there, which is visible from the protests that Pakistan is making about their Jawans are killed by Indian firing. My question to all the opposition and Mr Goswamis of the world, why are you not talking about such things ?

2) Second is about the Madras Café movie - the government has taken the easy route of washing off their hands stating that theatres are not willing to screen the movie. I had mentioned that the High court has declined to ban the movie. However, all main stream media shouting about no release in TN for Madras Café. I was shocked at seeing that and thought I had missed something in the verdict and was checking it again. All that the high court mentioned was a movie cannot release without the censor certificate. What is news in that? Why do we twist that to state that there is no release for the movie?

Summary

1) Diplomacy should be handled deftly. I am sure the tone that we hear from the current opposition will be entirely different if they are ruling and the ruling party will behave like the current opposition. That's the sad part of our democracy.

2) The media is more interested in sleazy headlines rather than content. This is a real shame.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Directory